Carers come from all walks of life, and the caring role can be thrust upon anyone at a moment's notice.
For information, help and support for carers, and those working with carers, visit NHS Choices
Other links which may be of use to carers, and those who deal with them, include:
- Carers' Hubs dates for in Aldershot, Farnborough, Fleet and Yateley.
- Carers' Clinics in Crondall
- Carers Trust guide to help spot older carers
- Carers UK
- Farnborough Alzheimer Café
- Employers for carers
- Police Federation
- Association of Chief Police Officers
- National Union of Students
- National Union of Teachers
- NHS Employers
- Association of Directors of Adult Social Services
- Association of Directors of Children's Services
- NHS England Commitment to Carers Plan
- Your Human Rights: A Pocket Guide for Carers
- Surrey County Council Social Care and Health: Information for carers
- The Carers Assessment
Carers UK has launched a new mobile and online app designed by carers, for carers
Jointly is designed to make caring a little easier, less stressful and a lot more organised. This app is for carers who share a caring role for the same person. Carers in the circle are invited to join so they can co-ordinating tasks and information regarding the person they all care for. (Particularly useful is the ability to share medication lists for health appts)
Click here to find out how Jointly works.
To access Carers Engagement Reports from the CCG and from Healthwatch Hampshire, click here.