Get Active Exercise GP referral scheme
Your GP or another health care professional can refer you to this 12 week gym based/exercise programme within Rushmoor or Hart.
Rushmoor Referral Programme
Promotes physical, mental and social wellbeing for over 16’s who are currently inactive and have an underlying health condition. Ask your GP or practice nurse. They want to help you help yourself.
Participating Leisure centres in Rushmoor
Farnborough Leisure Centre – Get Active Co-ordinator, Farnborough Leisure Centre, Kinetika Gym, Westmead, Farnborough, GU14 7LE, 01252 370411/554034
Connaught Leisure Centre – Get Active Co-ordinator, Connaught Leisure Centre, Tongham Road, Aldershot, GU12 4AS, 01252 344438
Aldershot pools complex- Get Active Co-ordinator, Guildford Road, Aldershot, GU12 4BP, 01252 323482,
Participating Leisure Centres in Hart
Frogmore Leisure Centre, Potley Hill Road, Yateley, Hants, GU46 6AG
Hart Leisure Centre, Hitches Lane, Fleet, Hants, GU51 5HS
- Appointment 1 – You will meet the GP referral specialist to discuss the reason for your referral and complete a physical readiness questionnaire. Free of charge.
- Appointment 2 – You will be shown the correct use of the gym equipment; an exercise programme will then be developed, taking into consideration the reason for your referral, your individual fitness level and abilities. Free of Charge
- You are then ready to start the gym/exercise sessions as often as you wish (or advised) throughout the 12 week period. You can pay as you go or membership options are available to you. These are at subsidised rates, please ask your Get Actice Co-ordinator for up to date details.
- The gym specialist will touch base with you at 3, 6 and 9 weeks to discuss your progress and arrange a review if required.
- 12 weeks – an exit interview at which they will advise you on how to maintain a healthy active lifestyle for your future.
- A feedback form will be sent to the referring GP informing them of your progress if requested.
- You will be contacted again 6 months after the end of your 12 weeks and one year to see if you have continued with an exercise programme.
- Please note you may only be referred once within a one year period.
Get Active Hampshire & IOW
Your one stop shop for sports and physical activities in Hampshire & IOW. Find a sport or activity that can help you be more active. Type in your postcode and off you go.
Rides will be starting from the Hart Leisure Centre at 10.00am; will be on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of each month starting at 10.00amand last no more than 90 minutes. Suitable for all ages who are competent riding a bike on the public road. Routes will be on road or surfaced cycle path unless advised otherwise in advance.
email firstname.lastname@example.org or text 07957 193922 if you plan to join in. The first 3 rides are free. Pedal2Gether we will be asking adults for an annual subscription of £5 to cover admin costs and ride leader liability insurance.
RIOT Squad (Running Is Our Therapy)
This new running club in Fleet and surrounding areas is helping complete beginners to get from couch to 5k and beyond.
Coached sessions:7am –Tuesday and Thursday mornings
7pm –Monday and Thursday evenings
My Journey – walking in Aldershot Park
Visit the website: email@example.com
Follow the group on Twitter: @myjourneyhants
... and on Facebook: facebook.com/myjourneyhants
Women only cycle rides
Visit the Facebook page
....and the website: https://www.letsride.co.uk/
or call: 01252397763