The first ‘Exploring our Engagement’ meeting took place in October 2019. This meeting has been designed to provide appropriate assurance of our engagement work to our Leadership.
The first meeting was held on 23rd October between 1-4pm at Aldershot Centre for Health. The key projects discussed were:
- Innovation Fund and Conference – A funding pot of (£10,000), providing up to £2000, for innovative projects that improve the health and wellbeing of local people. Applications are welcomed from local people, groups and organisations.
- Farnborough Centre for Health engagement – A new healthcare facility for Farnborough, providing a hub which houses a GP Practice and other healthcare services.
- United Communities mental health forum – A quarterly forum for local people, carers and professionals with an interest in mental health service commissioning, delivery and patient experience.
Each participant was provided with a briefing pack that contained:
- The meeting guidelines
- Our CCG engagement principles
- A full brief of each project with supporting resources and links.
A full report, highlighting key feedback and assurance has been shared with the CGG Governing Body.
Feedback from the meeting included:
“It was useful to explore/focus on different types of engagement which are also at different stages of development. I also realised how important staff involvement/ engagement is alongside the public and others in changing the culture of an organisation. We perhaps could hear more about this.”
“I believe this way of considering / analysing engagement will give confidence to the CCG Board that 'good' engagement is happening. Going forward visits out to meet people/ groups might be useful.”
“I thought we had a very constructive session which produced a lot of good ideas.”